The beach in Cala Galdana is one of the most beautiful and best beaches you will find in the holiday resorts of Menorca. At least if you are looking for clean white sands, some palm trees for shade, quiet and clear blue waters with few waves.
Also, outside the resort but within walking distance, you will find two other lovely beaches to explore during your holiday. The Cala Mitjana (and Cala Mitjaneta) is closest, about 15 to 20 minutes walking. The Cala Macarelleta is about 1 hour walking in the other direction.
Best hotels in Cala Galdana
This area of Menorca is not that big, so it does not have that many hotels. Some I can advise are:
- Melia Cala Galdana for those looking for a high-quality holiday next to the beach with the family.
- Artiem Audax for adults-only holidays especially if you like to make it an active one. The hotel offers a lot of activities and a great gym for this. But if you just want to relax there is also an amazing pool with great views.
Things to do
Cala Galdana is great for those who want an active holiday. Especially if you’re going to go kayaking, hiking or mountain biking. All 3 are great options for those who wish to explore the nearby beaches of Cala Mitjana and Cala Macarella. Son Martorellet is also very close for those who want to see this highly rated family-oriented horse show.
You can also find my complete list of things to do in Menorca right here.
Restaurant, bars and nightlife
There is a cosy little town square with some bars and restaurants. Many of them are very family-friendly, and some even offer water slides and a playground. In general, the nightlife is pretty chill here, and most places close pretty early.
Menorca airport to Cala Galdana
Cala Galdana is halfway across the island from the Menorca airport, 36 km away.
- If you want to take the bus you will first have to go to Mahon and then take another one to Cala Galdana. The price of both buses in total is 6.90 euros.
- A shuttle is a much better and easier option at 11 euros.
- A taxi starts at 45 euros but is more expensive on the weekends or evenings.
You can find the companies I would advise using and more information right here.
Is Cala Galdana the right holiday destination for you?
In my opinion, Cala Galdana is one of the prettiest holiday destinations in Menorca. Not only do you have one of the best beaches in Menorca here but also a nice little port area. Everything in the resort also feels clean and well maintained. So whether you like to relax or be more active, Cala Galdana does have you covered. From here you can do a lot of watersports or hike to any of the lovely beaches nearby.
If you don’t think Cala Galdana is good for you then make sure to look at my where to stay in Menorca guide.