What is the best way to get from the airport in Gran Canaria (LPA) to your holiday destination on the island? For an overview of the prices, here is the comparison. But also have a quick look below as there are some essential things to know before selecting any of these options.
Gran Canaria airport transfer prices
|Gran Canaria airport transfers to…||Public transport||Shuttle bus||Taxi online|
|Taxi at airport|
|Las Palmas||2.95 €||5.00 €||50.11 €||28.00 €|
|Bahia Feliz||2.75 €||6.18 €||50.11 €||29.00 €|
|San Agustin||3.50 €||6.18 €||50.11 €||29.00 €|
|Maspalomas||4.05 €||6.18 €||50.11 €||34.00 €|
|Playa del Ingles||3.50 €||6.18 €||50.11 €||34.00 €|
|Meloneras||4.05 €||6.18 €||50.11 €||34.00 €|
|Arguineguin||4.95 €||9.74 €||50.11 €||34.00 €|
|Puerto Rico||5.45 €||9.74 €||62.64 €||50.00 €|
|Playa de Amadores||5.90 €||10.33 €||62.64 €||50.00 €|
|Playa del Cura||6.35 €||13.31 €||62.64 €||50.00 €|
|Taurito||6.35 €||10.93 €||62.64 €||54.00 €|
|Puerto de Mogan||6.80 €||13.31 €||62.64 €||54.00 €|
|Puerto de las Nieves||N/A||N/A||50.11 €||58.00 €|
* N/A on this page refers to either not available or not advisable (because of multiple bus transfers, difficulty or unreliability of the service)
Summary: What is the best Gran Canaria airport transfer?
- Public transport: If you are traveling within 48 hours and don’t have a lot of luggage.
- Shuttle bus: If you are travelling on a budget but still want great service.
- Taxi at airport: Could be ok if travelling in the daytime or to a destination close to the airport.
- Taxi online: Best choice for weekends, evening arrivals and any time if you travel with small children that need safety seats. Also if you want a taxi and are going to Puerto Rico, Playa de Amadores, Playa del Cura, Taurito, Puerto de Mogan and Puerto de las Nieves.
- Hire car: Best option if you want to see a lot of the island or want to do many excursions.
Public transport at the Gran Canaria airport
When you arrive at Gran Canaria airport, the buses are easy to find. There are 5 bus stops just on the other side of the parking lot. Go to the top level of the airport and cross the parking lot. There are also easy markings on the floor you can follow saying “bus”.
The tickets you can buy on the bus, but if you plan to use the bus more often during your holiday in Gran Canaria, you can look at Guaguasglobal for all routes and prices and discounted options. All routes are clearly marked at the bus stops. You can also find all of them under public transport on Google Maps, including routes and times.
- Buses go to most destinations about each hour or more often.
- Simply buy the ticket on the bus.
- Good when traveling on a budget.
- If you are going to Las Palmas, you might need to transfer onto another bus in Las Palmas to reach your final destination.
- In Puerto Rico, Taurito and Puerto de Mogan all bus stops are in the center of town, located at the lowest part of the resort. You might need to climb the hill after getting off the bus or take a taxi to reach your hotel.
- In all cases, the bus might stop far away from your hotel.
|Gran Canaria airport to…||Public transport price|
|Las Palmas||2.95 €|
|Bahia Feliz||2.75 €|
|San Agustin||3.50 €|
|Playa del Ingles||3.50 €|
|Puerto Rico||5.45 €|
|Playa de Amadores||5.90 €|
|Playa del Cura||6.35 €|
|Puerto de Mogan||6.80 €|
|Puerto de las Nieves||N/A|
Shuttle buses and airport transfers
You can find the shuttle buses at the lower levels of the airport where the arrivals terminal is. So pretty easy to find. Head straight outside after arriving, and there you will find all the shuttle buses. Before doing so, look at your reservation email or ticket as you might need to contact your reservation desk first. Do know that you need to reserve a ticket a couple of days in advance.
- Budget-friendly option (except to Las Palmas).
- Costs just a 1 or 2 euros more than the public transport but much easier.
- Drops you off at your reception, not some random bus stop.
- Guaranteed connection if you arrive late or during high season (something that is not for sure with the public transport).
Guaranteedseat on but, no need to stand.
- You need to book your ticket before traveling to Gran Canaria as you can not book them at the airport.
|Gran Canaria airport to…||Shuttle bus price|
|Playa del Ingles||6.18|
|Playa de Amadores||10.33|
|Playa del Cura||13.31|
|Puerto de Mogan||13.31|
|Puerto de las Nieves||N/A|
Book it with a good company you know and trust. This is the one I used while travelling in Gran Canaria and the rest of the Canary Islands. I can advise booking the shuttles or transfers with this company.
Gran Canaria airport taxis
The taxis are very easy to find at the Gran Canaria airport. You can even see them from inside the arrivals terminal. Just take a few steps outside, and there they are.
Here is an overview of the prices for taxis at the airport of Gran Canaria. Do know there is a supplement for weekends and evenings:
|Gran Canaria airport to…||Taxi online|
|Taxi at airport|
|Las Palmas||50.11 €||28.00 €|
|Bahia Feliz||50.11 €||29.00 €|
|San Agustin||50.11 €||29.00 €|
|Maspalomas||50.11 €||34.00 €|
|Playa del Ingles||50.11 €||34.00 €|
|Meloneras||50.11 €||34.00 €|
|Arguineguin||50.11 €||34.00 €|
|Puerto Rico||62.64 €||50.00 €|
|Playa de Amadores||62.64 €||50.00 €|
|Playa del Cura||62.64 €||50.00 €|
|Taurito||62.64 €||54.00 €|
|Puerto de Mogan||62.64 €||54.00 €|
|Puerto de las Nieves||50.11 €||58.00 €|
IMPORTANT: These are the prices announced at the airport, but they come with the disclaimer that they are ESTIMATES! This means that the final price
To avoid this, I would advise you to book your taxi in advance with the company that I also used, so you have the same price as announced at the airport, but it is locked in and won’t go up.
Also like this someone will pick you up at the airport, you won’t need to stand in line, you can travel by more than 4 people in 1 taxi, your children will have guaranteed safety seats… all of this can not be guaranteed if you just get into a taxi at the airport.
Hire cars in Gran Canaria are very cheap. It is the same for the rest of the Canary Islands as vehicles can be rented out all year round because of the excellent climate. If you are travelling outside of peak season and rent a car for a minimum of one week, it will typically cost less than 100 euros per week, including full insurance. If you only want 3rd party insurance, prices can be less than 70 euros per week.
Because of this, it is also a great way to get from the airport in Gran Canaria to your hotel. If you are looking to have an active holiday, if you want to use the car to go shopping or stay in one of the more hilly places like Puerto de Mogan, Puerto Rico or Taurito, it is also a great option. Just have a quick look at my car hire guide, to avoid these common problems when renting a car in Gran Canaria airport and how to avoid them.